The Hollywood Pacific Theatre, built in 1928 as the Warner Brothers Hollywood Theatre. The two towers on top of the building originally supported a wire that was the antenna for Warner’s radio station KFWB, relocated from the Warner studio when its signal interfered with sound recording.
After the radio station was sold and relocated, the towers remained to advertise WARNERS. When Warner Brothers sold the building to Pacific Theatres, the seven plaques containing the letters of each sign were turned around and painted to spell PACIFIC. The original WARNERS signs now face the inside of the towers.