photo

Sacred Garden (2005)

The “Sacred Garden” at Mission San Juan Capistrano. As part of his project to restore and beautify the mission during the 1920s, Father St. John O’Sullivan built this little courtyard and fountain. It’s between the ruins of the Great Stone Church and the Serra Chapel, behind the wall built to hold the mission’s four bells after the 1812 earthquake forcibly dislodged them from the church’s bell tower.


BACK Mission San Juan Capistrano page
tedsimages.com Home